Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Cuckolding - a cold crack


Taking over from where my friend left. He had his reasons for removing the post and i have mine to post one. Before doing so such a piece deserves a disclaimer at the outset. So here i go.
The opinions expressed are my own in their entirety and i take full onus of them. Its a mere point of view not a generic judgement on anyone or anything. However, i am set to receive harsh criticisms on the article.
The word cuckolding was introduced to me by my friend, i received the new word with all vigour but, i was later awestruck with its definition. It was insanely new to me, both the idea and the word. Gosh! You will know why now.
A cuckold is a married man whose wife has sex with other men. In current usage it sometimes refers to non-married couples in committed relationships as well, although the traditional meaning is a man whose wife is adulterous. Yeah exactly! I hear so many more virtual OMGs now. "Cuckold" is derived from the Old French for the Cuckoo bird, "Cocu" with the pejorative suffix -ald (Courtesy:Wikipedia)
I am yet to figure out if it is only a sexual fetish or a concept that is slowing taking its place in this obviously erroneous world where every living thing is given a right to individuality, sexuality and moroseness. Bah! Humbug!
My friend cited sensitivity and open-mindedness as reasons for taking out the article on Cuckolding from his blog. He said he did not want to offfend anyone. Really? What harm does it cause to lash out on what you think is ooh, aah or ouch? Pause and think, we are still in the same free world where one is given a right to individuality, sexuality blah blah blah.
The word cuckolding also gets its etymological derivation from the female cuckoo birds which lay their eggs in the nests of other birds, leaving them with the reputation of infidelity.
This hue and cry wont last too long, i know. I see the same chronology of events going forward like those when the idea of homosexuality was introduced to me and to those like me. I see the same debators flocking in, the ones who discussed if gay marriages should be made legal or not. I dont know if these things will be acceptable by all. Like how i am still trying to sink in to how people could turn gays.
Honestly, i dont care. You be what you want. I am not the nosy type who is bent on changing the world to my fancies, but i am pretty much the glossy journo who would pen down random thoughts on unusual ideas and concepts. I reiterate. This goes out only as my perspective, my perception. I am not here to set gays straight, but to stay straight and gay!

1 comment:

sourav mishra said...

Good writing rather great writing...